Saturday, March 31, 2007

Independence for Scotland

For a while now we have been displaying the Union Jack (good
enough for me) on the side of the page and wondering whether 300 years of Union would outlast 10 years of Nu Labour.

Looking forward to the Scottish Assembly elections it seems
entirely feasible that the breakup of the Union may indeed be a distinct possibility.
It strikes me as ironic that a Government hell bent on forcing integration on the British public cannot even claim the successful integration of the English and Scottish people after 300 years!

Still, as an Englishman who has seen his country ravaged under Nu Labour, having seen my taxes being used to pay for services that are available only in Scotland I have changed my mind. As simple as that. If the majority in Scotland want independence, and at the same time remove Nu Labours mandate in England and Brown' "right" to be Prime Minister, then fine.

Goodbye and good luck.

No comments: