Thursday, December 28, 2006

No shame.

I was born and spent the first twenty odd years of my life in Salford, Greater Manchester, and it was therefore with great interest that I read the article on the BBC web site regarding Hazel Blears, their local MP. (Thanks to Nobby)

Ms Blears is of course a Cabinet Minister for the Government in the role of Labour "Chairperson".

That being the same Government that is trying to push through changes in Maternity provision that she is protesting.

Is there no end to the duplicity of these people that "represent" us.

As Geoff Martin, Head of Campaigns for Campaign group Health Emergency puts it:
"If the closure of maternity services is wrong in Salford, it is wrong
in all those other parts of the country as well and Blears should be piling on
pressure to ditch the cuts policy or she should resign"

I couldn't have put it any better my self.

BBC article

No comments: